October 21, 2012

Play

Play

Play

I bought the Play kit from The Uncommon Thread, but ended up switching one of the two yarns to Cephalopod Skinny Bugga!. Not that I didn't like the original kit yarn combination, but I decided I wanted a shawl that wasn't identical to tens of shawls. I noticed that The Uncommon Thread Lush Twist and Cephalopod Yarns Skinny Bugga! have an identical fiber composition, a very similar plying, and they are very close in weight, so I chose to combine the two. The orange color is Skinny Bugga! in Bronze Moth, and the grey is Lush Twist in Plata. I quite like the combination.

The pattern itself is a pretty mindless knit, perfectly relaxing. I might end up knitting another one, because I would like to try out different color combinations.

The Ravelry project page

1 comment: