April 16, 2013

Tulip Socks

Tulip Socks

This time with the Cookie A Sock Club pattern I went by the book and actually used the club yarn, Dream in Color Everlasting Sock in the Violet Hour colorway, because I felt it was the perfect choice for the Tulip Socks pattern. The yarn is a bit splitty, but with this pattern it was manageable, and the socks are so soft. This is an example of a yarn that I probably would not have bought were I to pick something up from a yarn store, but the color grew on me during the knitting process, and I enjoy the very slight color variation (that is not evident in the photos).

The Ravelry project page

10 comments:

  1. The pastel colour is very pretty, and a departure from most of the colours you choose for socks. Perfect colour for the pattern, and springtime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the color really grew on me, I love it now!

      Delete
  2. The first tulips I see this spring! ;-) They are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it were time for tulips in Finland already, other than in my socks :P.

      Delete
  3. Helena, you tulip socks are beautiful!
    When working your gusset decreases, do you use ssk for the left leaning decrease?
    And, if so, how do you do it? I'm never happy with my left leaning decreases, they never seem to be as uniform as my right leaning K2tog. I've tried slipping both stitches as if to knit, and have also tried slipping the first stitch as if to knit and the second as if to purl. I'm curious as to how you do yours as they look perfect.
    Thanks!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used SSK, and I slip both stitches as if to knit. It never looks quite as neat as K2tog, but it looks tolerable.

      Delete