December 3, 2013

Marin

Marin

Marin

I had the same feeling knitting this shawl as I did with Ysolda's other pattern Rose Red, that it's designed in such a genius way that it blows my mind. The shaping and the reversibility is done in such a way that, it seems to me, it takes special skill to envision it. Or, at least I wouldn't be able to design something so simple and genius at the same time (or even separately, for that matter).

I knit it in Cephalopod Yarns Skinny Bugga!, in a custom colorway from when Cephalopod Yarns had a limited-time offer to dye a sweater quantity in any color from an inspiration photo. Everyone else went for something multi-colored while, unsurprisingly, the color I most wanted to see was a simple semisolid. An example of the adventurous spirit of the same person who had her hair dyed, and had it turn out so close to her original color that nobody noticed (true story). The shawl is going to be gifted to someone who's a big fan of red.

The Ravelry project page

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful shawl! The edging is so beautiful and your choice of semisolid red is very fitting for this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful shawl from Ysolda! Love the color you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wish I could ... wish I could ...

    ReplyDelete