August 24, 2015

Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Pie

The first handspun skein of yarn that I'm actually happy with it! We're also approaching the kind of thickness of yarn that I can imagine doing something with. It's about 310 meters out of 116 grams of fiber, which sounds thicker than it looks, probably due to the density of it.

There was a lot of progress made during the several days of spinning and then plying this yarn, and the first ply was overspun in places, with more unevenness in thickness than the second ply. I quite like the color, although I can't wait to spin some gradient or other multicolored yarns.

I'm planning on using this either on a cowl or a small shawl. I plan on spinning some more 2-ply yarn for a pair of colorwork mittens, but I also can't wait to try navajo plying in the near future.

The Ravelry project page

2 comments:

  1. I know very little about spinning, but this looks like a good job! It looks like it would make a great cowl - it seems like a good, simple way of showing off the spinning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words! I'd say it's decent spinning job, but there is still much to improve :).

      Delete