December 9, 2018
I finished the body of the Marled Mania Cardigan pattern by Stephen West months ago, but then hit a mental block with the sleeves. I wasn't sure if the project would be forever left lingering in WIP limbo. Then the other day I suddenly felt an unexpected urge to knit the sleeves, and I did, in just over a day. And I'm happy I did, because I really love how it turned out! Until after blocking I wasn't sure how the non-traditional shape would play out, but turns out I really like it!
At the time of the casting on I had no yarn resembling the Qing Fibre Melted Baby Suri recommended for the ribbing, so I combined three strands of yarn in hopes of achieving a similar fabric: Wollmeise Twin, The Fibre Co. Meadow and Rowan Kidsilk Haze. I quite like the fabric they prduce together, even if the ribbing turned out somewhat loose. For the marled sections I combined two strands of fingering or sport weight yarn, one black or grey and the other speckled or otherwise multicolored. I think I'm getting slightly better at marling after the Colossal Stash-Busting Blanket.