September 20, 2009

Garter Yoke Cardigan


Knit as a gift for my mom, the Garter Yoke Cardigan from Fall/Winter 2008 Knit.1. I used the Cascade 220 Wool I bought last fall on our trip to Michigan, and size 4.0 mm circular needles (including the sleeves, which were magic looped). I think this will be a good size for mom, but if I knit another one for myself, I want it just a little bit bigger, especially in the chest area. On the other hand, this one flares up too much at the waist for me, so I'd leave out some of the increases after the waist shaping. I made the sleeves 3/4 instead of full. Part of the reason was that, for some reason, I found the sleeves tedious to knit, but, as you may have noticed, all the other cardigans I've knit have 3/4 sleeves, as well. It's just a practical length for a cardigan you wear at home.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I actually like this one even better than the picture in the magazine. It looks fabulous on you too, but I do understand -- it's nice to be able to put an extra layer under a garment intended for fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete