January 3, 2010

Conwy

The knitting year is off to a good start! Inspired by the January KAL in the Sock Knitters Anonymous group on Ravelry, I decided to knit the Conwy pattern from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. The yarn is a local ecological yarn called PukkIlu from Handu, in colorway Totinen tyrni. I have placed an order for four more skeins of this yarn in different colors now! There was a store update today, but it looks like it's almost sold out already. I'm not surprised! The needles were 2.5 mm HiyaHiya steel DPNs. The size turned out perfect.

4 comments:

  1. purdy!! Love the color and the wonderful cables!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty socks - I made a pair of the same pattern a while ago and I really love them! That's a fantastic colour, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite sock patterns ever, have knit it more than once. They look awesome in bright orange!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look so fine! I am doing my first pair of socks, very simple, it's like an addiction. The pattern is very beautiful, also the colour. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete