November 27, 2010
Last weekend I realised I could really use some tasteful legwarmers with my new winter boots. I grabbed some black Garnstudio DROPS Alpaca I've had sitting in the closet for the past three years, 3.0 mm DPNs, and estimated the stitch count based on knee socks I've knit. I figured the gauge wasn't that critical, because the ribbing would make them quite stretchy, in any case. 84 stitches turned out to be pretty perfect. I'm quite happy with the result, they turned out just the way I expected. These will get a lot of wear with my skirts, and I might make more of these in different colors.