November 30, 2012
Knitting these mittens has made me realize my stranded knitting technique might still need some polishing. Blocking smoothened out some of the uneven knitting, but it's still obvious these are not exactly professional looking. However, I think there will be more colorwork in my near future, so I will be getting the much needed practice soon enough.
The Isidora pattern by SpillyJane was written for more colors, but I decided to knit all the flowers in one color, since I couldn't find a satisfying combination for more colorful mittens. Colors I had originally planned did not work out as a combination when I started working on them, so I had to make some last minute changes. Picking suitable colors for stranded knitting is still a bit of a challenge for me, but I'm quite happy with this final combination of Graf Ratz, Maus Jung and Meilenstein WD.
This was my first time doing stranded knitting with Wollmeise Pure. It was easier than some previous experiences with stranded knitting, but the crisp stitch definition doesn't exactly make it any easier to hide uneven tension!
The Ravelry project page