June 10, 2013

Nuvem #2

Nuvem #2

Nuvem #2

My second Nuvem, cast on last December, is probably the longest running WIP that I've actually finished. Usually, if it takes me longer than a few months to finish a project, it inevitably ends up being frogged. I've been working on it inconsistently for the past six months, but a few stitches here and there doesn't really add up that much when it's a project that uses up 1700 meters of yarn.

This time I went with the modification of doing the edging in 2 x 2 ribbing, and I prefer this version. Also, Wollmeise Lacegarn in the Petit Poison Nr. 5 dark colorway makes a really nice stotckinette stitch surface. When doing the casting off, which took several hours, I decided two Nuvems is enough, but now that I have the finished item, I'm not so sure that I wouldn't cast on a third some day.

The Ravelry project page

No comments:

Post a Comment