January 11, 2019

Saudade

Saudade

Last week I finished my Saudade, a fair-isle hat pattern by Ysolda. I struggled a bit at finding the right color combination, and only the third try was something I was happy with. I used a combination of Brooklyn Tweed Loft and Jamieson's of Shetland Shetland Spindrift, including stash bought back in 2008 on a trip to the US! Thankfully yarn doesn't have an expiration date! Since my head is on the large size while my stranded knitting gauge tends to be a bit tight, I went with the largest size, and I'm glad I did. The ribbing is slightly loose, but the stranded section is just the right size. I've now been wearing the hat for a few days, and it's surprisingly warm despite the fingering weight yarn. I tend to prefer hats knit with heavier yarn, but the woolen spun yarn and colorwork probably help.

No comments:

Post a Comment