March 12, 2019

Mycroft Test

Mycroft Test

Mycroft Test

Apparently, besides yarn, I've also started to hoard test knitting projects! Here's the Mycroft sweater, knit from a pattern by Isabell Kraemer. It's actually my first time knitting a pattern by Isabell. The pattern will be released for the Edinburgh Yarn Festival, and I can definitely recommend it! It's a very relaxing knit; apart from the beginning with the neck shaping and such, you barely have to refer to the pattern.

It's written for worsted weight yarn, and I decided to try out Cumbria by The Fibre Co. for the first time. I like the slightly fuzzy surface it creates, although I do have some issues with itching; I think I'll have to wear this with a long-sleeved shirt underneath. It is very warm, and I think it'll be great for wearing under my winter coat.

I'm also very happy with the fit! I knit size M1, although I think my sweater turned out with a slightly smaller bust measurement than intended. There is probably a couple of centimeters/ about one inch of positive ease.

I was slightly worried about having to knit full-length sleeves, considering I've had a pretty strong aversion to sleeve knitting in the past. However, it didn't turn out to be a problem at all, and I churned them out in no time! This makes me quite optimistic about knitting more sweaters with proper sleeves, instead of just trying to find patterns with minimal sleeve knitting involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment