March 16, 2019

Zipf Test

Zipf Hat Test

Zipf Hat Test

I also had the pleasure of testing La Maison Rililie's latest hat pattern, Zipf. Her patterns often have a slightly unusual construction, and in this case it's short rows that shape the hat! The pattern is written for worsted weight yarn, but my hat is knit with three yarns ranging from DK to bulky! I used the leftovers of Martin's Lab Tibetan DK for the contrast stripes, and actually ran out; the last stripe in this color is missing because of that. The grey yarn is some Berroco Ultra Alpaca from the bottom of my stash, and the fluffy Sandnes Garn Børstet Alpakka is something I haven't used before. I really love the contrast of the fluffy brushed alpaca to the smoother yarns! I knit the size M, and the fit is great! I like my hats to have a snug brim and then a looser body, so my hair doesn't get flattened.

1 comment: