March 12, 2009

Gentleman's Half Hose


This is my second pattern from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks. Gentleman's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern is actually a pattern for men's socks, as you might gather from the name, but at least with this yarn and needles they are a perfect fit for my medium sized woman's feet (and the length of the foot is not fixed in the pattern, anyway). Knit with 2.25 mm needles, surprisingly fast. I can't believe how close I came to running out of yarn: I really had only about 20 cm of extra yarn in the end. Knitting this pattern was fun, at least after I was done fixing some mistakes in the beginning. The yarn I used was the new solid color version of Kirjo-Pirkka by Pirkanmaan Kotityö Oy (its multicolor versions make me nauseous).

2 comments:

  1. Ihanat sukat! Tämä taitaa olla suosikkimallini Nancy Bushin kirjoista... pitäisikin varmaan tehdä toiset. :-)

    ReplyDelete