August 22, 2015

Apollonia

Apollonia

I'm a bit behind of my intended schedule for the 26 Pair Plunge, but here is my pair #2. From Cookie A's Sock Club, I found one of the June patterns appealing. However, I often don't feel like using the club yarn for that particular month's patterns, because I have this silly desire to not knit the exact same thing as many other people. I chose Wollmeise Twin in the Tutu medium colorway, because I felt pink was missing from my current everyday sock collection, and because I've really been warming up to Twin recently. I do love the club yarn, also, and I plan on either knitting another pair of socks with it, or using it on a non-sock project, since it's exactly my kind of a color.

The Ravelry project page

8 comments:

  1. Lovely! I think Twin lends itself really well to socks that benefit from stitch definition. If only I could start my toes after 19 cm of length, though - the perils of big feet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and sometimes the stitch definition is a bit much when it highlights any uneven knitting, lol. I'm lucky to have fairly average sized feet, so I don't have to make adjustments to patterns, and the foot is of a reasonable length to knit.

      Delete
  2. Love the color! So bright and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous socks! And you're right, come to think of it, you don't see a lot of pink handknit socks- great colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having socks in different colors to pick from based on my mood and clothing :P.

      Delete