January 8, 2009

Butterfly Moebius




The idea of a shawl that stays on while moving around and the simple design were the main reasons I decided to try out my first pattern, the Butterfly Moebius, from The Knitter's Book of Yarn by Clara Parkes. I also wanted use some of my Felted Tweed by Rowan, which is a beautiful and lightweight yarn, even if somewhat fragile (I broke it once when pulling the center of the ball out). The yarn certainly seems to be suitable for shawl type projects. The needles I used were 4.5 mm. I'm quite happy with how it turned out, but it's slightly too large for me, as it keeps falling off my shoulders. This may end up being gifted to someone else instead.


2 comments:

  1. It's lovely and looks wonderful on you! A pretty broach pinned on one shoulder through your shirt would secure it and make it totally wearable. Great colour.

    ReplyDelete