January 26, 2009

Girasole





It's finally finished! The Girasole by Jared Flood. For the most part, it was a joy to  knit, but by the end I started getting anxious to just finish it already! The edging took a bit longer than I expected; The last three days out of the thirteen total were spent on the edging alone. Had I not been on vacation last week, I think it might have taken me three to four weeks to complete this project. 

Before blocking, the shawl measured 95 cm/ 37" in diameter, and the crumpled up outer part had me a bit worried it would not look very nice, but blocking did wonders, and it ended up being 140 cm/ 55" (slightly bigger than I expected) and nicely flat. I'm very happy with the result, and I think I see another Girasole in my future, but right now I need one or two small and fast projects before I can handle another huge one again.

The Ravelry project page with a couple more pictures and some more information.

6 comments:

  1. oh my. that is insanely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning, so beautifully knit! What a fantastic colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so, so beautiful.I love the colour you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...I'm speechless. You must be a fast knitter!

    ReplyDelete