January 2, 2015

In The Year 2015 (Cue Futuristic Music)

I've spent the last couple of days planning what I want to accomplish in the year 2015. I feel like having a fresh start, and I also want to challenge myself more when it comes to my hobbies. Goals I've come up with include:

- Learning double-knitting
- Knitting at least 15 km (about 9 miles) of yarn
- Not letting my stash get any more out of control it is at the moment (I don't remember ever seeing a New Year's resolution to buy more yarn)
- Learning to weave
- Learning flash photography
- Improving my creative photography skills

Of these, I think learning to weave is going to be the most challenging part. There is an unused loom at my parents' place I would like to set up some day, maybe with the help of my sister, who seems to have a passion for figuring out heirloom crafting tools (the inherited knitting machine she's been studying is one of the most intimidating devices I've come across, even though I'm not usually prone to technophobia).

And because I feel every crafting blog entry requires a photo, here's a WIP currently on the needles, the Rhombus sock pattern by Cookie A. I'm not completely sure these will get finished, but a part of me enjoys the challenge.

Rhombus

2 comments:

  1. those are great goals! I'm so happy to see you blogging again, I have always loved seeing your projects!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so kind! It feels good to start a new year with some goals to toward.

      Delete