January 17, 2015

Mrs. Jekyll & Little Hyde

Mrs. Jekyll & Little Hyde

Mrs. Jekyll & Little Hyde

I love how light-weight this double hat turned out when knit in the lace-weight Pigeonroof Studios Cassiopeia Lace Singles I've had marinating in my stash for a while. The yarn is so soft, shiny, and beautifully drapy. Knitting the hat was otherwise fun, but the part where you leave half the stitches on another needle for the lining to be worked later was a bit awkward. If I knit this again, I'm going to use something other than a needle to hold those stitches, because manoeuvring the piece with the other circular needle hanging in there was not very elegant. But I love the double-layered fabric, with the contrasting color peeking through the lace.

Ravelry project

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I'm loving it and queuing it on Ravelry. Perfect yarn choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Queuing it is definitely recommended!

      Delete